Web hosting providers help websites to acquire a space of the web server, so that it can store files. These files, including all the codes, content, images,etc., which makes up a website are made available for online viewing through web hosting.
SEO hosting helps in optimizing the website so that it can attain a higher rank on the search engine. It gives more exposure to the website, which in turn helps in increasing the sales. In this article, we will talk about SEO hosting and its top providers.
What are the qualities of a good SEO hosting provider?
Before we list down the 5 best SEO hosting providers, it is essential to understand which qualities have put these providers ahead of their competitors.
At a surface level, it is quite tricky to identify a good SEO hosting provider on your own, unless you have paid for their services for a few months and checked your website ranking progress within that period.
There are many factors apart from your SEO hosting providers that search engines look upto, to rank your website.
Mobile-friendliness, high loading speed, multiple screen optimization, etc., are to name a few. Quality content, keyword research, link building, etc., also plays a crucial role that helps to improve your website ranking.
So, choosing a good SEO hosting provider alone will not be able to take your website to the top of search engine rankings. Having said that, let us talk about the features that a ideal SEO hosting provider should offer so that it can stand out from the others:
- Faster loading- page speed is an important aspect which Google considers, when it ranks websites in both desktop and mobile versions.
- To rank higher all the pages of the website should be optimized for speed properly.
- No downtime- It is essential to ensure that your website should always be up and running; free from error pages.
- SSL certificate- having SSL certificate for your website would ensure that it is a secured one, and search trusts HTTPS websites.
- Hosting types- SEO hosts offer different types of server hostings like managed, cloud, private, and VPS.
- Locations- Top SEO hosting providers use server networks in different locations, where there is a secured data center with state-of-the-art equipment.
Apart from these features, while choosing your SEO hosting provider, make sure they have a strong customer support. Though it is not directly related to the ranking of your website, in case of any issues or concerts, you should be able to talk to the providers directly.
The Top 5 SEO Hosting Providers
If you are a beginner, then Bluehost is the best SEO hosting provider for you. It is quite popular due to its shared web hosting solutions and it can be customized for the beginners. It covers pretty much everything that you would expect from the host.
- Generally, it is priced at $7.99 per month.
- It comes with a free domain and SSL Certificate.
- It has been recommended by WordPress.
- If you do not like the services, opt for the 30-days money back guarantee.
- They have a strong customer support team which is available 24/7 in calls and live chat.
- They come with analytics and SEO tools, to optimize your website. Now you can view the performance of your website (including keyword specific rankings) along with attracting more customers.
- They can customize the hostings according to your business. As your business grows, you can change the hosting plans by a few clicks.
- The entry-level plan lacks good backup solutions.
- The constant upselling pitch by the system can sometimes be really annoying.
If you are looking for an affordable yet efficient SEO hosting provider, then Hostinger is the right choice for you. Depending on the plan you select, you would get different features that keep unlocking, as you upgrade your plan.
- It is easy to sign-up.
- Comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
- It comes with quick account activation.
- Month to month pricing plans, no strings attached.
- It comes with a really fast loading time of around 356ms.
- It offers round the clock multilingual customer support.
- Equipped with free website builder and domain name.
- The interface is smooth and easy to use
- It comes with inconsistent uptime.
- The prices would go up when you renew the plan.
3. A2 Hosting
The SEO hosting provider is known for its speed and reliability. When it comes to speed, this host gives a tough competition to others in the list, no matter the hosting tier (shared, private, VPS). One can witness great improvement in speed when they migrate from shared web host to the A2 hosting.
- It comes with multiple pricing plans.
- There are monthly, yearly and 3 years contracts.
- Comes with a free domain and SSL certificate.
- This one comes with 30-days money back guarantee.
- It is a reliable host that comes with a 99.9% uptime commitment, for all the plans.
- Irrespective of the plan, the host offers free site migration.
- Installing popular CMS like WordPress, Drupal, etc., is very easy and can be done with just a few clicks.
- Round the clock monitoring of the server. It also comes with malware scanning.
- 24/7 customer support available.
- You will need to buy a domain name, it is not available free of cost.
- The renewable rates are high with a 15 day deadline.
- There are several restrictions on the lowest-priced plan.
It is one of the oldest technical SEO hosting providers in a market with a considerable customer base. It gives the user multiple plans to choose from, along with a massive base for self-help knowledge. In case there is something wrong, the guide will be able to help you out.
- It offers free website transfers.
- The SSD storage is 20X faster.
- Round the clock customer support available.
- It comes with a 90-days money back guarantee.
- It is one of the fastest hosts available in the market. It would improve the speed of your website to a great extent.
- This one comes with a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- It offers free domains for your convenience.
- It comes with multiple useful features like free SSL certificates, and automatic backup.
- It offers good protection against hackers.
- The checkout process with this host is time-consuming which can get a bit annoying.
- There are limitations with storage, email account, and database for each plan.
5. WP Engine
If you are looking for a good WordPress host, WP Engine is one of the best available in the market. This host is highly optimized for the WordPress website. If you want a highly performing WP website with good storage, and high speed, this is the ideal host available.
- The host comes with month-to-month pricing, which means there is no need for a long time commitment.
- 24/7 customer support.
- This one comes with a free domain and SSL certificate.
- It offers a 60 days trial and 30-days money back guarantee.
- The entire infrastructure of this host can be optimized for the WordPress CMS.
- It has expert WordPress support staff, so in case of any issues, you will get great guidance.
- It offers free data backup and restoring for your convenience.
- With this host, all the WordPress updates get automatically installed.
- It comes with Free StudioPress themes, and free Global CDN.
- The plans are quite expensive starting at $30 per month.
- Can only be used with WordPress.
We have listed the top 5 SEO hosting providers for you. Depending on your requirements, and business size choose the right one for you. Make sure to go through the features, and pros/cons of the host, so that you can make an informed decision. Our personal favourite web hosting for SEO is Hostinger.