Marketing is essential to business success, with consistent and successful marketing increasing revenues by 23%. With the world becoming a digital village, digital marketing is a must-have for any business.
However, most firms struggle to find the right digital marketing strategy to increase and attract leads, boost conversions, and increase visibility. The most common digital marketing channels are PPC and email marketing.
Each channel has pros and cons, so it’s essential to consider these factors before choosing the right one for your business. Before spending money on advertising, it’s critical to understand how digital marketing works.
Below are some vital points about PPC (pay-per-click) advertising and email marketing software that will help you determine whether or not it’s right for your company.
PPC vs. Email Marketing: What is the Difference?
Digital marketing is helping small businesses to increase their visibility and reduce marketing costs while leveraging the power of the internet to grow and improve their bottom line.
A reputable performance marketing agency can help you create an optimal digital marketing strategy that harnesses the power of different channels.
Your digital strategist must be experienced with firms in your industry. They will explain how each of these specific channels benefits your business, including how you can use them for different types of campaigns.
Ensure you hire a firm with experience with small businesses in your niche or similar industries. These agencies have developed strategies that work for small businesses like yours.
You can feel confident about their ability to implement different digital marketing approaches like email marketing and PPC advertising.
PPC (pay-per-click) marketing is the most common form of digital marketing. It involves paying for each click on an advertisement or PPC ad. This allows businesses to appear at the top of search results, where potential customers are more likely to find them.
The marketing channel is an advertising channel that allows businesses to advertise their products on search engines like Google, Yahoo!, and Bing. Ads are displayed when someone searches for a particular product or service. On Google, advertisers bid for keywords with a high potential for conversion.
PPC marketing is a highly effective and low-cost way for small businesses to reach a large audience. 50% of small businesses have adopted PPC marketing to drive conversions, according to Forbes.
Adopting PPC marketing is one of the best ways for small businesses to optimize their ad spending, get more attention from potential customers, and increase revenue.
Email marketing is a popular digital marketing tool that helps businesses cost-effectively reach their target audience. Email marketing focuses on creating a relationship between your business and customers by regularly delivering relevant content, offers, and promotions to drive sales.
Email marketing can be a great way to reach new customers and generate leads. However, many small businesses don’t use it effectively because they don’t know how to create effective email campaigns.
You can use a content builder like Mailchimp or Constant Contact to create emails that engage customers and make them feel valued.
For example, use welcome templates that thank customers for their business and include information about upcoming events or special offers. This will help you get the most out of each customer interaction and encourage repeat purchases from them.
About 66% of small businesses use email marketing for targeted marketing campaigns to boost visibility and conversions. Some companies report increases in sales by 20-30%. This means that email is a low-cost, high-impact form of marketing.
You can use email marketing to:
- Increase brand awareness and improve your customer base
- Build customer loyalty and grow your business
- Generate leads from existing clients
- Increase revenue
The Advantages and Disadvantages of PPC Marketing
- PPC marketing is a great way to reach new customers and get more leads.
- You can also target your ads based on your audience and specific interests, which makes it easy to find suitable types of customers.
- PPC marketing allows you to manage your ad campaigns from one location, making it easy to keep track of all aspects of your campaign and ensure that it runs smoothly.
- The quality of the results you can get from PPC marketing is very high compared to other forms of advertising, such as print or television ads.
- You have many flexible options for advertising with PPC marketing, including text, image, or video ad format, bid amounts, budget range, etc.
- You will have the ability to rank for competitive keywords and phrases in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages).
- The business can target specific sites and pages.
- PPC is a more expensive way to market your business than email marketing. You can pay per click or PPA). You’ll have to spend more money on ads that attract more clicks or leads.
- You don’t know how much you will pay until you bid for clicks.
- It’s not always successful. As with any advertising strategy, PPC ads must be carefully planned and executed properly for them to be effective.
- PPC ads may take longer to appear on a page because they must pass through Google’s filters before appearing in search results.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Email Marketing
Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach your target audience and build brand awareness. It’s also a cost-effective marketing tool that can help you generate leads for your business. However, it also has its downsides.
- It’s personal. You can connect with customers more personally, which helps build trust and create brand advocates.
- You can use email marketing as a customer service tool, which can help you keep in touch with your customers.
- It’s inexpensive. Email marketing costs less than other forms of advertising and can help you reach more people for less money.
- Email marketing allows you to send promotional offers or discounts and information about new products or services that your customers may be interested in.
- It’s measurable. You can track how much email traffic you generate from email campaigns, which can help show ROI for your business.
- There are no clicks or taps involved in an email, so it’s easier for people with disabilities to use this form of marketing.
- It takes time to build an email list.
- You have less control over your content than with PPC management.
- Email marketing costs money through an email address, domain name, and other related services.
- Email marketing is not as fast as social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Your message may not reach many people, and it could get lost in the crowd of other messages by companies with similar messages.
- With PPC, you can see how many people are clicking on your ads and how much money you’re making from them. Email marketing lacks this level of detail.
- Poor conversion rates.
- Limited reach
PPC is an excellent option if you want to target specific keywords or search terms with ads that appear at the top of Google search results.
Email marketing is a good fit when targeting a broader audience because it allows you to send personalized messages directly to people interested in your product or service.
Look at the audience you want to target, your budget, and the cost of running each campaign to pick the right channel. Your performance marketing agency can also guide you in selecting the right strategy to increase sales, boost conversions, increase visibility, and grow your business.