Consumers tend to rely on the opinions of others when considering a new product or service. They want evidence that the product or service performs as the brand promises. Merely making claims to potential customers is not enough; social proof is required.
This blog post will discuss five ways to leverage social proof to drive conversions. Find out how to use customer reviews, testimonials, and more to increase your website’s trustworthiness and boost conversions.
The Different Types Of Social Proof
Marketing experts have determined that there are six major types of social proof that can influence customers. These are:
- Customers: The personal experiences of past customers can build trust with potential buyers by providing testimonials or case studies.
- Experts: Endorsements from recognized experts in the field can reinforce your brand’s credibility and reputation.
- Celebrities/Influencers: Fans trust the recommendations of celebrities and influencers, and their endorsement of your brand can transfer that trust to your business.
- Masses: A large number of users of your product or service strongly indicates its worthiness and can be a powerful form of social proof.
- Friends/Personal Connections: People are more likely to convert when they have friends or personal connections who have already had a positive experience with your business.
- Certifications: Certifications from trustworthy third-party organizations can provide credibility and social proof, even if they do not come from people.
Now that you have your social proof points, it’s crucial to include them in your user journeys and marketing materials to strengthen their impact.
5 Ways to Use Social Proof to Increase Conversions
1. Use Testimonials and Reviews
Customer reviews are considered the most important type of social proof for a company, and if a company could only choose one, customer reviews should be the first choice. Here’s why:
- 87% of online shoppers research products online before making a purchase.
- 61% of them rely on product reviews to gather information.
Positive reviews and photos from past customers increase the confidence of potential customers in their purchasing decisions.
2. Include Relevant Case Studies
One effective way to display customer satisfaction is by creating a case study about their experience with your business.
Choose one or several clients who have had significant success with your business and reach out to them to see if they would be willing to participate in a case study.
Once you have found someone to participate, ask questions related to the following:
- Statistics: Gather concise data that shows the effectiveness of your solution or service.
- Demographics: Identify the person or company featured in the study and their company size.
- Key features: Emphasize the essential features or aspects of your service that provide the best results for the customer.
- Story: Narrate how the customer discovered your product or service and how it impacted their life.
It’s essential to remember that case studies should target prospects who are potential customers closer to making a purchase decision.
The ultimate goal is to help prospects imagine using your solution, making it easier for them to take action and become customers.
3. Utilize Influencers
About half of the consumers depend on influencer recommendations when making purchasing decisions. Influencer marketing is not just about attractive visuals and a consistent layout.
According to The State of Influencer Marketing 2020, every dollar spent on influencer marketing campaigns generates $5.78. This type of marketing can significantly benefit your marketing strategy and is usually more cost-efficient than traditional marketing methods.
4. Show Off Awards and Recognition
Promote your business’s awards by displaying them prominently and using them as evidence of your success. Awards help establish credibility and position your company as a leader in your field.
Sharing these awards can persuade visitors and potential customers to choose your brand over others. The most typical location to showcase awards is on your website, but you can also share them on social media or incorporate them in advertisements.
5. Customers’ Logos
Using the logos of well-known brands as customers can enhance trust and credibility. Consumers value famous brands, and if they see that another brand uses your product, it might inspire them to try it themselves. The logos of your customers are ideal for websites and landing pages.
If you want to utilize this type of social proof, obtain permission to use the brand’s logo before featuring it on your website or marketing materials. Failing to obtain proper consent can result in trademark infringement charges for your business.
Using a background remover can help you isolate the logo from its original background and display it in a more professional and presentable manner.
By implementing the five strategies outlined in this article, you can create a powerful marketing campaign that will boost your conversions and help you stay ahead of the competition.
You can streamline buying decisions by making it easier for prospects to find the proof they require. If you’re just starting out, reach out to your existing customers for reviews and testimonials. This will help you build a collection of proof you can use in your marketing efforts.