CMS stands for Content Management System. A content management system (CMS) is a computer application that allows publishing, editing and modifying content, organizing, deleting as well as maintenance from a central interface. Such systems of content management provide procedures to manage workflow in a collaborative environment.
Basically, it is a web application that provides functionalities such as administration, control panel or website management services. Everything related to creation and editing of websites and making the task of maintaining the website as intuitive as possible. It may consist of themes, templates or plugins to extend functionality.
A very good example of a open source CMS system is WordPress. Most end-users are told that WordPress is the best and most cost effective solution for any website. In the earlier days, an average user or a small company had to rely on static HTML sites because they could not afford a content management system which would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. That problem is now solved. WordPress is open source and free for anyone to use.
You can contact Velocity Consultancy for WordPress CMS Development.
Content Management System or a CMS is an interface you use to draft, publish, and edit the content on your site. For example: WordPress, Magento, Joomla etc.
A CMS has features like
* Content Reuse
* Single Source Functionality
* Bidirectional Link Management
* Multi Channel Publishing
* Integration with Editing Tools
* Graphical Workflow etc.
The goal of a CMS is to provide an intuitive user interface for building and modifying webpage content . There are some specific reasons for you can use CMS for your website.
* If you can send an e-mail, use Microsoft Word or set up a Facebook account, then you can use a CMS.
* With a CMS you enter the Do-It-Yourself world.
* Most CMS software is online and offers multiple users, which means you’re not the only one who can fix something in a pinch and you can access it from anywhere.
* Most CMS software also makes it easier to optimize your search engine results.